Top 10 Songs of 2010

If you are a fan of international music, you have come to the right place. July has just begun, and there have been so many chart-toppers already, that it’s difficult to sort them out for an overall Top 10. But, after following up on radio hit lists and adding to it my personal favourites, here are the top 10 songs of 2010 till now.

Make sure you add these to your playlist and let me know if you enjoyed these songs as much as I have.

Rihanna – Rude Boy

B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars – Nothin’ On You

Telephone – Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce

Usher feat. will.i.am – OMG

Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg – California Gurls

Black Eyed Peas – Imma Be

Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris – Break Your Heart

‘Need You Now (2010 Mix)’ – Lady Antebellum

Ke$ha – TiK ToK

Owl City – Fireflies

… and because I love music so much, here’s a plus one…

Iyaz – Replay

10 Songs for a Romantic Afternoon

rain_love_600

I don’t know about you, but I always maintain that rains bring forth a season of love and romance. And what do you do when you and your favourite squeeze are stuck at home on a rainy day? Bring on the romance I say. And what better way to fall in love again, than to listen to some wonderful love songs.

But, hold on, if you are thinking I will give you a list that includes songs like ‘My Heart Will Go On’, you have come to the wrong place. Being a staunch romantic at heart, love is the central theme of the following songs. But, my choice has been always, as they say, thoda sa hatke.

A tip: Make this your romantic afternoon playlist, while you both cuddle up and read together, or just talk, or better still, watch the rain together. I have arranged the songs in a way that will take you from foot-tapping, head-nodding beats to slower, more lovey-dovey tracks.

Take a listen to these beautiful songs:

1. Song: Stars
Artist: Simply Red

“I wanna fall from the stars straight into your arms”

Literally speaking, these lyrics paint a hilarious picture; (Imagine falling from the stars into your loved one’s arms!) but the melody and foot-tapping beats make this song a sure winner for romantics.

2. Song: Ain’t no Mountain High Enough
Artist: Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

“Ain’t no mountain high enough,
Ain’t no valley low enough,
Ain’t no river wide enough,
To keep me from getting to you babe”

Sigh. This 1967 hit is a romantic icon. Made famous by Diana Ross, this song is a must-have, if you are affirming your love for you loved-one.

3. Song: Lady
Artist: Modjo

“Lady, hear me tonight, coz my feeling is just so right”

How can one forget those words? Oh alright, you would argue this is a dance track, but have you thought about it as a love song with a beat? Open your eyes to a new level of this song.

4. Song: Accidentally in love
Artist: Counting Crows

“I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love…”

Just one line; if you have not heard this part of this song (also OST of Shrek 2), it’s sure to become your next favourite.

5. Song: Slave to love
Artist: Bryan Ferry

“No I can’t escape, I’m a slave to love”

Maybe someday I will write a post on music of the ’80s, because according to me, there is nothing better than music of the ’80s. This 1985 superhit by Bryan Ferry is a classic love song. Check it out.

6. Song: Thank you for loving me
Artist: Bon Jovi

“Thank you for loving me,
For being my eyes,
When I couldn’t see”

What love song playlist is complete without the soulful and yet rocking Jon Bon Jovi doing what he does best? Thank you for loving me, is one of his lesser known hits, but beautiful nevertheless.

7. Song: I try
Artist: Macy Gray

“I try to say goodbye and I choke
Try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it’s clear
My world crumbles when you are not here”

Macy Gray is so underrated that it’s not funny. I miss this woman’s husky soulful voice. Macy, if you are reading this, PLEASE give us another album. We miss you!

8. Song: Remember when
Artist: Alan Jackson

“Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookin’ back, it’s just a steppin’ stone
To where we are, where we’ve been
Said we’d do it all again
Remember when”

For all of you who like country music, this WILL be music to your ears. Alan Jackson, one of the biggest country stars gives us this beautiful song that speaks about love growing with time. PS – Girls, take out that tissues, because this one’s a tear-jerker.

9. Song: Beautiful in my eyes
Artist: Joshua Kadison

“You’re my peace of mind,
In this crazy world”

… and the song starts with these words. Which romantic wouldn’t have song in his/her top 10? PS – This is a perfect wedding song too.

10. Song: Every time I close my eyes
Artist: Babyface

“Every time I close my eyes,
I thank the Lord that I got you,
And you got me too”

To end the romantic hour, make sure you listen to this classic by R&B star Babyface.

0 comments: